PSD2: REGULATION AND INNOVATION
22ND MARCH 2017 - REYKJAVIK, ICELAND
24TH MARCH 2017 - LONDON, UK
Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2):
Regulation and Innovation
SESSION 1: An Overview of the PSD and PSD2 Operational Frameworks
· Overview of the Payment Services Directive (2007/64/EC) (PSD), Harmonization and Integration of Retail Payments in the European Union (EU), Consumer Protection, Payment Efficiency, and Payment Chain Security Risks.
· Overview of the Revised Payment Services Directive (2015/2366/EU) (PSD2), Payment Services (Account Information Services (AIS), Payment Initiation Services (PIS)), Payment Institutions (Banks, Building Societies, Money Remitters, E-Money Institutions, FinTech Platforms, Acquirer Payment Institutions, Non-Bank Credit Card Issuers and Merchant Acquirers).
SESSION 2: Understanding the New PSD2 Financial Landscape
· The PSD2 Operational Framework, the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Payment Services Providers, and Exemptions (Commercial Agency, Limited Network, Digital Device, ATMs).
· Third-Party Account Access, Account Information Aggregators, AIS Providers (AISPs), PIS Providers (PISPs), and Execution of Payment Transactions.
· PSD2 Security Framework (Data Protection, Operational Risks, Security Risks, Authentication, Fraud Controls, Incident Notification).
· Consumer Protection (Complaints Procedures, Dispute Resolution, Penalties, Surcharge Restrictions, Refund Rights, Liability for Unauthorised Transactions).
SESSION 3: A Review of EBA Regulatory Technical Standards and Guidelines
· Analysis of the European Banking Authority (EBA) Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS):
(1) Strong Customer Authentication and Common and Secure Communication; and
(2) Passport Notifications.
· Analysis of the EBA Guidelines:
(1) Major Incidents Reporting;
(2) Minimum Monetary Amount for Professional Indemnity Insurance; and
(3) Authorisation and Registration).
SESSION 4: PSD2 Strategic Regulatory Challenges and Opportunities
· PSD2 Strategic Regulatory Compliance (Third Party Providers (TPPs), Access to Accounts (XS2A), Open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), and Open Banking Technical Standards).
· PSD2 Strategic Challenges and Opportunities for FinTech Firms, and a Review of Existing FinTech Firm Offerings (AccessPay, Adyen, AstroPay, Azimo, Currency Cloud, DoPay, Flypay, Droplet, Judo, GoCardless, Ixaris, Monese, MoneyMover, Osper, Mondo, Moni, Pockit, Revolut, SumUp, Yoyo).