FOURTH ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING DIRECTIVE
IN-HOUSE TRAINING PROGRAMME
The Training Course
The Fourth European Union (EU) Anti-Money Laundering Directive (4AMLD) is set to be implemented by national Member States by 26 June 2017. Recent AML-related million pound enforcement actions by the United Kingdom (UK) Gambling Commission highlight the need for firms to ensure they have a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of the new 4AMLD framework. This training course seeks to provide attendees with comprehensive and insightful training in 4AMLD requirements, as well as guiding them through new risk-based approaches, and good practices for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) controls. The training course will include practical examples relevant to a firm's business activities. Make sure you benefit from this new and unique training course that trains attendees in a clear and logical fashion.
MODULE 1: An Overview of the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (4AMLD) Framework
• An Overview of the First, Second, and Third Money Laundering Directives.
• New Areas Covered (Gambling; Virtual Currency Exchange Platforms).
• Commission Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risk Assessment.
• High Level Overview of the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (4AMLD) Framework.
MODULE 2: 4AMLD Operational Framework
• An Overview of the Risk-Based Approach (Obliged Entities, Supervisors, AML/CFT Jurisdictions), and Risk Factors: (1) Customer; (2) Geographical; and (3) Product, Service, Transaction, or Delivery Channel).
• Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Simplified Customer Due Diligence (SCDD), Enhanced Customer Due Diligence (ECDD), Beneficial Owner, and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) Obligations.
• Tax Crime Predicate Offences, Administrative Penalties, Pecuniary Sanctions,
• Home and Host Competent Authority AML Supervisory Responsibilities.
MODULE 3: 4AMLD Operational Compliance
• 4AMLD Gap Analysis, Risk Assessments, Risk Appetite Statements, Simplified Due Diligence, Record Keeping, and Beneficial Ownership Register Obligations.
• 4AMLD Operational and Risk Policies and Procedures and AML/CTF Monitoring.
• High-Risk Third Countries and Third Party Equivalence.
• 4AMLD Staff Training, Compliance Manuals, Identified Risk Factors and Warning Signs.
MODULE 4: 4AMLD Strategic Perspectives
• AML/CTF Policies, Data Protection Policies, Record-Retention Policies, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Obligations.
• Money Laundering, Culture of Compliance, Conduct Risk, Reputational and Financial Damage.
• Risk-Based Approach (Prepaid Cards, Mobile Payments, Internet-Based Payment Services).
• A Review of 4AMLD Compliance Technologies and Software Solutions.
CLIENT REVIEW SESSION
Training Course Expert Trainer
Rodrigo Zepeda is Co-Founder and Managing Director of Storm-7 Consulting. He is an expert consultant who specialises in derivatives and banking and financial services law, regulation, and compliance. He is an expert in a very broad range of regulatory compliance frameworks such as FATCA, the OECD CRS, MiFID II, MAD 2 MAR, PSD2, CRD IV, Solvency II, OTC Derivatives, CCP Clearing, PRIIPs, BRRD, AML4, and the GDPR. He holds a LLB degree, a LLM Masters degree in International and Comparative Business Law, and has passed the New York Bar Examination. He was an Associate (ACSI) of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment from 2004 to 2014 and is now a Chartered Member (MCSI). He has created and delivered numerous conferences and training courses around the world such as 'FATCA for Latin American Firms' (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Panama City, Panama), 'MiFID II: Regulatory, Risk, and Compliance (London, United Kingdom (UK)), and 'Market Abuse: Operational Compliance' (London, UK). He has also delivered numerous in-house training Courses around the world to major international financial institutions such as The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (MiFID II: Operational Compliance, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates), the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investment (MiFID II: Final Review, London, UK), and CAF, the Development Bank of Latin America (Swaps and Over-the-counter Derivatives, Lima, Peru). He is a Reviewer for the Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance and has also published widely in leading industry journals such as the Capco Institute's Journal of Financial Transformation, the Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, as well as e-books on derivatives law. Noted publications include "Optimizing Risk Allocation for CCPs under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation"; "The ISDA Master Agreement 2012: A Missed Opportunity"; "The ISDA Master Agreement: The Derivatives Risk Management Tool of the 21st Century?"; "To EU, or not to EU: that is the AIFMD question"; and "The Industrialization Blueprint: Re-Engineering the Future of Banking and Financial Services?".
- Attendees will be clearly and logically instructed on the new 4AMLD operational framework.
- Attendees will be provided with highly comprehensive 4AMLD regulatory compliance training materials (training manual, definitions, materials, charts, Power Point presentations).
- Attendees will have a comprehensive understanding of how risk-based approaches are applied in practice.
- The training course aims to be interactive, with an additional client review session at the end of the day, and a follow-up questionnaire to ensure all key 4AMLD queries are answered.
Company Service Providers.
Credit Institution Professionals.
Financial Institution Professionals.
Gambling Service Firms.
Independent Legal Professionals.